From:
Trinlay Khadro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 07:17:07 -0500
I found that I was thinking about and praying for Dayna's foundling
all day yesterday...

    Several thoughts...
    1) it's very likely that he will adapt magnificently and _I'd_ really
    like to see regular updates.  (uhhhh, I'm actually considering
    volunteering to adopt the lil' guy <gal?> but I'm in another state and
    my middle aged only ferret might not be so keen on the idea...)

    2) SOMEONE has to know who did this to him.... maybe this would be a
    good story (maybe when he has recovered enought to be totally adorable
    and inspiring...) for the local press?

    I'm not a psychic or anything, but around here from a pet store people
    pay almost $200 for a Ferret baby... I suspect that the little guy was
    stolen either from the store, or from the person who bought him.  (the
    idea of someone's S.O.  as abuse of their human partner, seems to let
    their beloved pet get missing/killed... which seems to have been the
    point of the particular abandonment?)

    3) There was a story in the Herrot books (that English Vetrinarian)
    about a cat who would come home from being outside, and someone had
    kept putting rubberbands on the cat.  (the owner would discover a
    problem and bring the cat to the vet who was continuously cutting off
    rubber bands.) I think the cat was ok, after a vets order to keep him
    inside.

    So that was something that happened in the 1930's or 40's in the UK...

    4) Names for the lil'fella....

    Rocky, Smaug, CONAN, Tan Lung, .....
    (keep trying to think of hero and dragon names....)
    Beowulf... Gilgamesh, Gesar, Galahad....

I imagine he will find away to bounce around, maybe he will need a litterbox
with one of the sides cut down, and with a ramp to get in and get out of
it... the idea of prothesies has come to mind too... (all kinds of sketches
and material concepts...fimo, wood...) but no idea on how to get the ferret
to wear them.  (hard enough keeping a COLLAR on a ferret...)

Well, now I have to go to work... where I'll probably keep thinking of him,
and praying for his recovery.