From:
Norma Mooney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 18:08:58 +0000
Just thought i'd share a couple of quick stories...

i just got a call from the manager of one of the Pet Stores i have taken my
card for the SOFA club into, and she wanted to know if i knew of any
breeders.  No offense to all the great breaders on this list who work so
hard to have healthy, happy, kits, but i like to recommend Shelters,
instead.  i asked if this was for her or the store, and she said it was for
the store, but she wouldn't mind getting some "Shelter Kids" in, instead of
adding to the list of babies on demand from breeders.  She said she has had
a few adults in to the store (brought in from folks who didn't want them
anymore) and they have sold just as well as the babies.  Isn't this nice?
Well, i think so.  Many people just have a thing about not wanting to go to
shelters (they think that there will be something wrong with the ferrets, or
that it will be too depressing), but love to go visit Pet Stores (while, i
know, this is what many of you find Depressing).  So, i gave her the name
and number of a couple of local Shelters, and she said she's going to give
them a call.  i really hope that this works out!

Also, another woman i gave my card to (who was working in a different Pet
Store) said that the club sounds great and, although she doesn't have any
ferrets, herself, she would love to learn more.  She then gave me Her home
number and address and asked me to send her all the info.  on the club.

Two pleasant experiences with Pet Store folks.

--Norma-ann,
President of SOFA,
and Mom to Molly, Leo, and Maggie.