From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 1996 20:34:57 -0500
Hi,this is Caitriona and Nancy.  We're at home with our two males,Walter our
grown-up human, and Adjective our two year old sable ferret.  After a long
time lurking we've decided to introduce ourselves.and ask a question.  We're
planning a vacation by car, two weeks and two thousand miles, and we'd like
to take the fuzzy.  Since this is our first trip with the fuzzy so we could
use some advice from the more expeienced.  First, since we're in an FFZ, our
boy doesn't get out much.  Will so much driving and so many new places for
the first time and all at once be likely to scare the little guy, or over
excite him, or bother him in any way?  Also what's the legal situation in
Montana, Wyoming, and the Dakotas?  What should we be sure to do and not to
do if we take him?  Will we have to sneak him into hotels?  Will his carrier
be welcome in restaurants?  He's great with his litter box in the cage but
not outside, will this get worse while traveling?  Anything else we should
know about?  All advice welcome!

I'm eleven and this is Caitriona alone now.  For my b-day I'm hoping to get
one or two more fuzzies from the shelter.  I read this a lot and love
hearing stories about the kids.  My mom gives me lots of stories too.  To
that fuzzie and the owner of the fuzzie with the amputated feet Get Well
Soon!  That's an order!  Bye!

Nancy here now.  We'd really like to bring the little guy with us if it
won't be too hard on him, but Walter is somewhat more hesitant.  He wonders
too how difficult the enroute ferret care will be, since Caitriona is in
charge.  We know about not leaving him in cars and such, but just wonder
what other pitfalls we may be unaware of, having never travelled farther
than to the vet with him in a soft-sided carrier.  We enjoy the list a lot;
thanks in advance for whatever advice you have.