From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 07:22:22 -0500
So, if they don't euthanize ferrets, and yet they don't adopt them out
to the general public, WHAT EXACTLY DO THEY DO WITH THEIR FERRETS??????

Jan Lovell - if you're reading this, can you get in touch with them and
maybe convince them to turn all ferrets over to you and *you* can place them
in a good and loving home?

We have a really good relationship with our local Humane Society - they give
out my phone number to anyone who has ferret questions, or is looking to
adopt from a shelter, and they also turn over any ferrets brought in to the
HS to us.

Those of you runing shelters and clubs - if you haven't contacted your local
HS and/or Animal Control - do so right now so that they are aware there are
alternatives for ferrets, that adoptive parents are diligently screened
prior to adoption, and that all ferrets are vet-checked and vaccinated prior
to adoption.  Put them on your newsletter mailing list - that's what we do -
it helps remind them that we are here, it shows them what we are doing
education-wise, they have access to our Shelter Report so they can see we
take really good care of our shelter ferrets and what lengths we go to to
get them vet care and find them good homes.

If you can convince them you are a responsible organization, they will not
hesitate to give you any ferrets they get in.

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA
Rochester, NY