From:
stephanie ann maehr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 22:45:05 -0600
Hi, everyone.  Yes, again I have been a little (a little?) behind on reading
my FML.  First of all, I want to thank everyone who responded to my
inquiries about a Ferritrail for my loved ones :).  Marty loves the dryer
tube and Jake will chase him into it and the curl around one of the
junctions that I put on the end so that his head sticks out of one end and
his tail sticks out of the other--very cute, but he's definitely a clown in
our family.  Sophie approves but will not pursue such child-like behavior--
she much prefers to search out the ever elusive treat.  Now that both Marty
and Sophie are doing much better since the dreaded greenies, I am so
grateful to have Sophie so interested in food.  However, she seems to want
to eat anything and everything.  I watch her very carefully, but she did
manage to steal a Cheerio or two.  Now, I have no peace when I sit down to
breakfast (of course, I really don't mind :) ).  So, one of my questions is,
are Cheerios alright for my baby girl?

Another question: does anyone have a ferret who will just flop down in the
middle of the floor and go flat.  All three of mine do the "Flat Ferret" as
I call it, but Marty seems to do it more often than the other two.  Is he
bored?  I hope not--but if he is, are there other fun things I can try with
him?  He doesn't get down and wrestle with me like Sophie and he won't play
with balls or rags or strings for very long.  He does wrestle with Jake and
really seems to enjoy it.

And, finally, I was reading the FML about a shelter in Texas, the Trish
Shelter.  I would love to donate whatever I can, but I don't have the
address.  Could someone possibly send me the address?  I want to do whatever
I can to help the wonderful creatures that saved my life.  Please, let me
know.

Steph,
Sophie (Queen Ferret of the Universe),
Marty (Gentlest of Gentleferrets),
and Jake (Spasmoidal Super Cutie)

[Moderator's note: See below for more on Trish.  And watch out for those
ferret speed-bumps when you run to get your checkbook.  BIG]