From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 19:12:53 -0400
Alex,

After 3 years it is very doubtful that the ferret will remember you.  The
trama of separation of Erp from his life long buddy may be tramatic, and I'd
recommend that the present owners really try to keep them together.  Moving
to new parents will be tough enough without losing his best friend at the
same time.  All ferrets are different, so I'm just basing these
recommendations on what we've seen in the shelter.  That includes ferrets
that lose the will to live due to grieving.  That is not saying that will
definately happen in Erp's case, but it is a strong possibility.

In addition, ferrets usually have problems coexisting with some of the
rodents you now have.  The rabbit *may* be terrified having a ferret in the
house.  The smaller ones too.

Is there a chance of getting both ferrets?  Borrowing them for a short time
on a trial basis?  If it doesn't work out, most ferret shelters are very
good.  They will make every effort to find a good loving home for both of
them.  All of the ferret shelters I'm aware of are no-kill shelters and will
keep them as long as it takes to find a home.  Ask first.  Visit first.

Dick B.