From:
"Gwen M. Daley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 07:34:13 +0000
Hi again,

Okay, here's a strange little problem - my big male has developed what, for
all the world, looks like a cold sore on his bottom "lip".  This first
appeared 2 months ago, and I thought that it was probably just a bite
blister (you know, like when you bite your lip), and that it would go away.
Well, it has not, it's still sitting there.  It is a small (2 mm-ish) white
round knob right on the edge of his lip, about 3 teeth in back of the big
canines.  The knob is hard, but it doesn't seem to cause him any discomfort,
and there is no discharge of any sort.  The other two ferrets are bump free
- and Mo only has the one little bump.  What am I looking at - ferret
herpes?  For now, I intend to keep an eye on him to make sure that the
condition does not spread, but I would sure appreciate any advice y'all
might have!  TIA

Gwen M. Daley
Department of Geological Sciences
Virginia Tech