From:
David Finster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 1996 23:47:55 -0500
The Texas Department of Health (TDH) will be meeting in Austin on April
25'th and 26'th to discuss changes to the current Rabies Control and
Eradication policy.  This affect all animals, domestic and wild.

The Ferret Lovers Club of Texas (FLC) has some language we would like to see
included in the proposed changes, and we currently have one volunteer going
to Austin to present it.

I'm asking all interested parties to do one easy thing:

Look at http://www.global.org/ferret/rabies.html .

This page has the current rabies policy, the TDH proposals, as well as the
FLC proposed changes.  The language we are suggesting is directed towards
ferrets.  The language currently proposed (by the TDH) affects cats and dogs
mostly.

Even if you don't care about the changes, you might be interested to see
the current rabies policy.  It's only about 9 pages, and for a legaleze
document, it's pretty easy reading.

If you can make it to Austin on the 25'th and 26'th, we can use all the
support we can muster.

--- Dave