From:
Sandy E Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 1996 20:03:41 EST
We are sorry that we are a day late in reporting this.  We are pretty good
at this pooter thing when the Ol' Fert and Mee Maw ain't hogging it.  We
still haven't fingered out this calendar thing.  Two legged critters seem to
pay a lot of attention to it and we ain't fingered out why.  Not yet at
least.  All we care about is plenty of yummy food, fresh water, being able
to play and get into stuff together and plenty of lovin' from Mee Maw and
Paw Paw.

Anyway, at about 6AM on the morning of Monday, April 1st, 1996, Paw Paw got
runned over and got his dignity seriously hurted.  He had just pulled up to
a Taco Bell where he was supposed to do some 'lectric work before they
opened up and started slinging tacos and stuff.  He got out of his truck and
was heading for the back door too see if anybody was there yet.  That's when
it happened.

To hear him tell it, he was walking along , minding his own business, when a
lovesick moose hit him from behind and knocked him to the ground.  He says
that he tried to get the mooses license plate number but it was moving too
fast and had knocked his glasses off besides.  Now mooses (meeses?) aren't
very common here in Atlanta but we think it might have been an attack moose
that a cranky ferret, or FLO agent, up north sent down here to get even with
Tater over all the snow he done sent them this Winter.  Guess he smelled us
on Paw Paw's clothes and decided that he was one very large ferret.

Mee Maw had a hard time believing his story about this unwarranted and
misdirected attack.  She decided that he must have tripped over a curb with
his big ol' feets and just imagined that a moose was involved 'cause he
whacked his headbone pretty good.  We don't want to say anything bad about
Mee Maw.  She's known the Ol' Guy a lot longer than we have.  She's a very
nice lady but she tends to be a little skeptical sometimes.  Guess she gets
that from being a pooter programmer.

We encouraged Paw to call the Police and report the incident.  The Desk
Seargent informed him that they had received several reports of Olympic
Track atheletes from northern countries who were coming here to train so
they could get used to the heat we have in Atlanta.  Makes sense!  Heck, it
was 34 degrees this morning.  The police person went on to say that they had
received several reports of moose muggings in recent days and that he would
look into the viscious attack upon our Paw Paw.

Paw Paw is recovering nicely tonight.  He says that his headbone feels fine
since there really ain't nothing in there that could get seriously hurt.  He
says that his dignity still hurts and we'll give it a good love just as soon
as we finger out where he keeps it hid.

Oh yes, one more thing: APRIL FOOL!!

Tater and Odie