From:
Kelleen & The INSANE 10 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 1996 09:19:58 -0800
Hi All,

First off I must say how very thankful I am to those 7 FML members that have
joined FANG and especially BIG THANKS to those of you that were soooo very
generous in the amount of money you sent us.  We are now in the midst of a
small crisis here and your money will be used to save a little fuzzy life.
Rocki, the little rescue from the other day, has just gone into heat!!  Now
I know why the guy wanted to get rid of her quickly and gave us all the
stuff with her.  I checked her vulva that day and all looked fine but she
did feel rather bloated like.  I was afraid she was already pregnant but
after feeling her tummy real well it did not appear so.  Now I realize she
was just getting ready to go into heat.  I have never had to deal with this
situation before so I am rather ignorant on the specifics of it all.  I have
written to a few people for their professional opinion of exactly what to do
in getting her spayed now.  Don't know yet if she needs shots to bring her
out of heat first or not.  I'll let you all know.  The unfortunate side is
that FANG's resources will be sadly depleted in taking care of little Rocki.
We didn't have all that much to begin with but this will cut deeply.  I know
that we cannot adopt her out for what this will cost but as long as she is
fine and spared from going thru this ever again I will be one happy shelter
Mommy.  I just thank the Great Spirit that we do have the resources to care
for her properly at this time!

I do have a real hope that soon I may have a vet that will be associated
with FANG.  I will do my utmost tomorrow to convince him this is a very
worthwhile endeaver and that he would profit in the end by getting lots of
referrals and that wonderful feeling when you do humanitarian acts.  Wish us
luck and keep Rocki in your thoughts until she is all better.

P.S.  How come no one ever mentioned just how bad these little girls stink
when they go into heat?  Good heavens, you couldn't possibly miss the smell
even if you tried!  <GG>

*      Kelleen & the INSANE Animal House              *
*      President and Founder of F.A.N.G.              *
*      (Ferret Association of Neverending Glee)       *
*      405 S. Orchard   Boise, Idaho  83705           *
*   I'll take a good animal over a good mate anyday!  *
*   All they want is lots of love and great chow.     *
*         Idiocy is our only option!                  *
*     Dustin Hoffman from movie Outbreak              *