From:
DAVE LES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 15:57:45 EST
I laughed at some of the adventures that some of you described and I thought
that I'd share this one with you.  In a past life, Weazer and L.S.  were
forced to live with two of the most obnoxious Himalayan cats on the planet.
They didn't seem to mind as much as I did and actually invented (I think) a
game to play with them.  We had a 2- story kitty-condo that one of the cats
would perch upon.  They were fairly large and very bushy cats with extremely
desirous long bushy tails.  The condo was only large enough for one and only
a portion of the cat would fit on the condo.  The head and, more
importantly, the long, bushy and SWISHING tail would stick out!  - Get the
picture?  One of the ferrets (usually L.S.) would jump around in front of
the cat and attempt back flips, half twists, and spastic moves that
captivated the cat's attention.  The cat couldn't figure out what this
"crazy" sub-creature was up to but he was sure that this was yet another
example of why cats are such superior beings.  ...Meanwhile... Weazer ...
would ... sneak ... ever ... so ... carefully ... from ... behind ...
until ... he ...  was ...  close ...  enough..................
Then He Would Leap Up and Grab the Cat's Tail and of course go for a ride
through the house at the end of a crazed cat.  Eventually Weazer would be
laughing so hard that he had to let go.  Now it wouldn't take too long for
one of the cats to perch on his favorite spot on top of the condo (superior
indeed!).  Then the boys would switch places - Weazer creating the diversion
- L.S.  taking the ride.  This would continue for 5 or more times a day and
the ferrets ALWAYS TOOK TURNS!

White Fang - our BEW loves to wrestle with the others (unfortunately he
wasn't around for the tail rides) but they aren't always in the mood.  We
have a souvenir "Fanny Pincher" left over from a trip to Florida - I think.
It has a plastic alligator's head on the end of an 18 inch tube.  On the
other end is a pistol grip.  When you squeeze the handle, the gator's mouth
closes.  Deb uses it to act as a surrogate wrestling partner.White Fang
loves it.  I think that it was about $2 and since I never really used it to
pinch fannys...

Reading some of the posts from the fuzzies and their thoughts about vet
visits has got me a little concerned.  Recently Deb has been threatening to
have MY scent glands removed.  Can they do that to humans???

I hope everyone and their hair snails are well and happy!

Dave & Deb
Weazer, L.S., & White Fang
2Catz (1 17# cat who only looks like 2 cats)