From:
"Charlene M Lowe (Charlene Lowe)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 12:22:42 -0600
I just wanted to pass on some info on a product we discovered recently and
have had good results with and that I haven't heard anyone mention here. It
is called "Thirsty Cat". Of late we have been trying to get liquids into our
oldest baby because she has been under the weather and dehydrating. We were
trying pedialyte with no luck. She didn't like the flavored or the
unflavored stuff. This is when the Pet Food Warehouse told us about Thirsty
Cat. They told us it was very much like Pedialyte but fish flavored. After
comparing the bottles I'm not sure it really is like pedialyte but it did
the trick in our case. Info from label: "The daily pet drink: Thirsty Cat.
Use daily instead of tap water. Vitamin Enriched. Mineral Enriched. Tangy
Fish Flavor. Veterinarian Recommended. Do not refrigerate. All ingredients
FDA approved. Bottled under the authority of The Original Pet Drink Co.,
Inc., Ft. Lauderdale FL, 33301, questions or comments call 1-800-496-8100.
Ingredients: Purified carbonated water, Potassium benzoate, Potassium
sorbate, Phosphoric acid, Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), Niacin, flavorings,
Pantothenic acid, Taurine, Leucine, Pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6),
Zinc gluconate, D-glucose, Biotin. 99.0% moisture." It is $1.59 for a 1
liter bottle.

[Moderator's note: I got a bunch of free samples of this stuff - both the
dog stuff and the cat variety.  The dogs and cats all wanted nothing to do
with it... maybe they should sell it as "Thirsty Carpet Shark."  BIG]