From:
"Keith D. Carpenter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 1996 21:28:57 -0700
I've been lurking for about 3 months and have actually written a couple
times, but finally have gotten around to introducing the family.  All my
ferts are what I jokingly refer to as "slightly used".  Sinbad, my male
light sable, around 4 years old I bought from a pet store.  His owners gave
him up, they never bothered naming him and never bothered taking him out of
the cage either.  He slept most of the time and when he was up, really liked
to bite toes!  He was my first ferret experience.  I quickly decided that he
needed the company of another ferret to keep him active.  Quincy, female
chocolate?  who is now 3 was also a return to the pet store.  her owner was
a college student who didn't have time for her.  I was also a college
student at the time, but had more time on my hands.  Quincetta (her
nickname) blasted Sinbad out of his complacency.  He never dooked until he
met her, she was about 12 weeks and ready to go all the time!  They became
fast friends after the dominance, whose blanket is this, question was
settled.  Quincy is the sweetest, most personable lap ferret.  Sinbad is
much more lovey now, but not a lap ferret.  The newest addition to the
family was rescued from the vet.  Someone had found her outside with a
broken leg and taken her to the vet I use.  They couldn't take her to their
own house.  Mischieva is a dark sable female, probably 8 months or more.
Her leg healed quickly once my SO and I brought her home.  There was an
initial adjustment period that I thought no one would survive, but we
managed.  Mischieva runs circles around the other 2.  I believe she is in
training for FLO.  We also have 2 cats who suffer great indignenties.  Toys
missing, water spilled, secret tail attacks, loss of sleep.  All of the
fuzzies are in excellent health and own my SO and very well.  We are trained
to give treats and linatone on command!

Mischieva: Let's go! Come on!  I've got a great plan!
Quincy: Mom! Come over here and open the treat door!
Sinbad: Do you wretched women never sleep??!
Liz