From:
"Hope . Rumpca" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 01:13:36 -0800
Hi all,
I just purchased the Ferrets Today Yearbook (by Mary Field) today.  I was
enchanted by the pictures (they are *wonderful*) but when I got it home and
read it there was quite a bit of misinformation.

It said "There are still some states and cities which ban ferrets.  But
this problem can be solved by always traveling with your pet's latest
medical records, including a note from the veterinatian stating that the
ferret is owned by you and listing your present address." (pg.  39) That
certainly doesn't work in California!  They'd probably just laugh at you
while they killed your ferret!

I live in Oregon and we have a shelter right near the border and luckily
many ferrets that are confiscated get sent to the shelter (but cannot be
returned to their owners - don't ask me why, must be some agreement with
CA).

The book also says that you should NOT feed your ferret cat food, and is a
total plug for Ferret Fanciers Club.  I am not for or against the club but
it seemed that every other line in the book had "FCC" in it.

However, on the plus side, it has got the most *fabulous* glossy pictures -
worth the $12.95 just for the pictures.  Anyway, just wanted to know what
everybody thought about the book.  (I also bought the Hedgehog edition and
it too had great pictures but terrible info, especially on feeding - still
worth the $ for the pictures)

Hope & The Gang