From:
Gary Kaskel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 18:05:32 U
To those of you asking about Wendy Winsted, she was a very close friend of
mine and introduced me to ferrets one Christmas when she gave me a five week
old silver female from Path Valley Farms.  I still have Minnie and Wendy's
last ferret, Melissa, with me -- they just turned six years old.  I believe
Wendy developed the decenting surgery procedure now commonly used by most
breeders.  Wendy died of ovarian cancer in August 1992 at age 42.  She was
an extraordinary person who was a folk singer, published songwriter (Livin'
in the Country was recorded by Tom Rush) and at age 35 finished medical
school and became a pediatrician in New York City.  Her son, Taylor, now
lives with her sister in the Seattle area.  Her ferret book is still sold in
pet stores all over the country and she is sadly missed by those of us who
knew her and loved her.

Gary Kaskel ([log in to unmask])
NYC Friends of Ferrets