Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 08:25:07 -0500
From:
Argh...!! Bad Laurel! Bad Laurel!

At some point last night, I didn't latch the gate to the Kitchen (NO FERRET
ZONE) and then when bedtime for ferrets rolled around, Simmie--the little
tiny girl who had her nail ripped out last week--was nowhere to be found.
Nowhere.  We searched and searched, even dragging the fridge out away from
the wall, and finally began that panicked discussion that starts with "when
I let the dogs out, do you remember if....." That SCARY discussion.

But then I heard bells.  Ringing bells.  And traced them to an empty and
closed drawer in the kitchen, where our tiny Simmie appeared out of, looking
mighty funny because somewhere in her adventures she had SINGED OFF ALL HER
WHISKERS.

Now WHAT on earth do you suppose she got in to?  They're all burnt on the
end, and curled round, and I know that Coco and Jaq are just totally
pointing little ferret paws and laughing at her because she has a BALD FACE.
She's also favoring her leg which lost the nail....but otherwise in
excellent spirits and quite happy to have had her adventure--whatever it
was--and to have been found.

Silly Ferrets......

Laurel

Laurel Gilbert, Am Cult Studies      *"Who controls the screen controls
[log in to unmask]               *the mind of the screen watcher. The
http://www.bgsu.edu/~lgilber/        *power struggles occur on screens."
Bowling Green State University, OH   *                -Timothy Leary