From:
"Dana Lane" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 09:13:01 EST
Hello again,

After 4 days of amoxicillian and no signs of improvement, we brought Tasha
back to the vet last night and he took an x-ray.  Now it looks like we might
be fighting *2* seperate problems.  The vet still thinks she has some form
of intestinal infection/inflamation and that that is what's causing her
discomfort, fever, and listlessness.  The x-ray also showed an enlarged
heart.  The doc ran a barium test that didn't show anything obstructing her
and is keeping her overnight for some more tests.  We're gonna try and treat
the fever and stuff FIRST, then try to figure out why her heart is enlarged.
Anyway, sometimes it just helps to talk about it. 8-)

On a 'happier?' note.  We're getting MORE $%^#@#@$ snow as we speak.  My
house got a good 2 feet Monday and it's already gotten another 2-3 inches as
of this morning with a couple more on the way.  And now I'm hearing we might
have ANOTHER big storm starting on Friday.  I give up.  8-) Egad, we're
certainly making up for last years winter.

And one last thing regarding how attached ferrets get to each other.  Ivan,
our other ferret, has snuggled, licked, guarded Tasha for the last few days.
He's usually the more active one, running, jumping, and all around getting
into trouble, but he just stayed calm and with her the whole time.  And when
we got home last night without Tasha, he spent the next 15 minutes running
around the house sniffing every place she'd been sleeping the past few days.
He had to be looking for her.  He was almost frantic about it.  When I
picked him up he actually just laid there in my arms for a while and he
never does that.  So, I KNOW he knows she's sick and he misses her already.
Anyway, I've written long enough!  Hope everyone's avoiding the snow.  8-)

Dana and Robyn (The concerned humans)
Ivan (*sniff* *sniff* WHERE IS SHE????????? *sniff* *run* *sniff*)
Tasha (I *HATE* getting my temperature taken...)
http://www.iii.net/users/lane