From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 1995 02:37:16 -0800
Hi, My name is James and I've been lurking for months up here.  My kid
sister got a ferret, two summers ago and I really like him (Cody).  I've
decided finally that my life is stable enough to get a ferret but, I have
couple of questions.

1.  What have peoples experiences been with introducing a ferret to a home
with an indoor cat?  ( The cat Harriet, a young, crazy attack Siamese, with
a 3 ft.  vertical leap!  I figure Harriet was here first so she has first
priority.)

2.  I live in California.  ( Yes, I know FFZ ).  I'd like to adopt a ferret
or find someone who has ferrets available in N.  Cal.  or I guess I'll be
smuggling.  Any suggestions?

(Comment - The family vet will make housecalls to check on the ferret.)

3.  I missed or there has not been an answer to whether or not is good to
shower with a ferret, becuase of getting water in their ears.  Yeah or nay?
(This is not covered very well in the FAQ/ANSWERS PACKAGE.)

 4. Is there anything I have missed?

I already thought of a good name, Mirth and since no one can have only one
fuzzy, when I get a second, I'll call that one Mayhem.

Group of Ferrets and what to call them.

I like, a googol of ferrets, but, after reading about
your adventures with your fuzzies, it seems to me
that some of you have, a cabal of ferrets.  :)

thanx, this listserv is/has been a lot of fun.

-james