From:
"Thomas S. Radtke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 1996 17:42:38 -0800
We have found each of our wire cages work best by using a plastic dish
washing drainboard to line most of the floor area.  A littterbox takes up
another part, and towels keep their little paws from slipping, scraping, or
otherwise getting hurt on the remaining wire floor.  Of course they use the
towels for bedding as well.

The local ferret shelter helped us find two used three-level cages.  We just
finished proofing them by covering all sharp edges with Avery plastic
slidelock spines for report covers.  The kids don't seem to eat them.  Now
we will cut flooring pieces for the upper levels from the indoor/outdoor
carpet we bought at Home Depot.

"dook-dook-dook of Earl"
Bob, Chara, Fuzz, Ascot, Babycakes, and Lalonnie