From:
Joyce Meadows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 12:55:27 -0600
Someone mentioned that they hated the scene in Kindergarten Cop where the
ferret bites the bad guy...  I gotta disagree.  I love that movie, and one
of the biggest reasons is because the ferret never bites _anyone_ except the
bad guy.  A ferret, with twenty-something 5- and 6-year-olds, and not a nip.
Yet the fuzzy knows who the bad guy is and bites him to protect all the good
guys...  :) Eating Raisins by Day, Fighting Crime by Night....He's the One
They Call Carpet Shark!

I think I finally did something right....  Seth the Thirsty has been tipping
the water bowl over since the beginning of time.  I've tried taping it down,
blocking it with a full plastic litter jug, everything short of gluing it to
the floor (which I would have tried, except that I have to take it up to
clean and refill).  Seth the Persistent would put his paws on one side and
drag it until it tipped and spilled.  Usually he'd gotten it halfway across
the floor by then...

Out of desperation, I screwed a cup hook into the wall beside the water
dish.  I put it at a height such that the end of the hook goes over the
edge of the bowl.  When I need to take the bowl up, i twist the hook a
quarter-turn (so the edge of the hook is out of the bowl) and pick the bowl
up.  When I put it back down, I twist the hook back into place.

The hook keeps Seth the Mighty from being able to pull the bowl around or
tip it.  O I am filled with glee!....

(I'll try to diagram it)

A|___----_
L|        \  <--- HOOK
L|   B     )            B
 |   B \__/             B
 |   B         BOWL     B
 |   B                  B
 |   HBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Not the greatest diagram, I know, but it's one of the very few things
I've ever tried to do in ASCII art - :P

Also, the water bowl is straight-sided.  I'm not sure this would work with a
bowl whose sides slant outwards; you might not be able to get the bowl close
enough to the wall.  With a big enough hook, though, something could
possible be arranged....

-joyce (The floor is dry! The floor is dry!)
-Seth the Amazing Wonder ferret (faster than a speeding vaccuum   stronger
     than cage door locks   able to reach high raisins in a single bound)
-Emma (its a rat   its a dog  its superferret)
-Devilbunny Melissa (Bah.)