From:
Richard Beveridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 09:03:00 -0800
I gave in a long time ago. When I didn't have any left to wear, I just
went to the store and bought another half dozen. I just figured it was
the easy way to solve the problem.

Yesterday Sharron did some house cleaning ( on her day off).
Here's the count
Hidey hole under the daughters waterbed     15
Hidey hole under our bed                     7
Hidey hole under my dresser                  3 pairs,still with sticky tape
Hidey hole by the furnace                   19
Behind the dryer                             3
Behind the couch                             4
                    Total                   53

Sharron "suggested" I put used socks in the hamper instead of on the floor,
which makes sense, except the 3 pairs of new ones were in my top drawer of
my dresser and were never worn.  Given this last fact, seems to me the
logical thing to do is......just keep buying new ones.  PS ...of the 47 used
socks found.....only 4 pairs were matched up.  I guess the washing machine
ate the rest....or were they matches of the 39 "singles" I threw out last
month because I couldn't find the "matches".