From:
bmacgregor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 1996 12:41:41 -0500
Hi: I am fairly new subscriber to the FML and would like to take this
opportunity to to say how much I look forward to each day's new Digest!
Currently we have two female cats (two huge male cats who visit when
daughter comes home from university), one or two male strays, a dog and of
course, our wonderful ferret, Katy.  Three years ago we were owned by a
handsome cinnamon male, Winchester, who was still just a baby when he left
us:( Long story.  The 19 January posting from Dawnie and Bob made in
reference to their ""drunken ferrets" took me back a few years and made me
chuckle.  Before we placed our bottles into the recycling box, we kept empty
bottles by the door (inside).  Winchester was notorious for tipping the
bottles over to check out the contents!  In a few instances, he seemed to
*enjoy* the occasional lick of wine when he found such a bottle and was able
to tip it over far enough, and he certainly worked at it!!  Needless to say,
once he was "found out"!, we put a stop to his practice.  (I should have
watched his walking more closely) :) He was also infamous for getting up on
a low table and tossing peaches from a basket there, to the floor!  I was in
another room when I heard "thunk", long pause, "thunk", long pause, etc.  He
would climb up, toss a peach, chase it on the floor, climb up and repeat the
process until the basket was empty.  I could go on and on.  Excuse my
rambling.

It's been over three years since our Winchester left and I still miss him
greatly.  We are now looking to add a new baby to the menagerie so that Katy
can have a brother or sister.  She is such a sweetheart - well-behaved and
full of dooks and dances!  Katy's favorite thing to stash (I hope this is
acceptable to post) mini-pads.  Steal one and run as fast as her little legs
can carry her and stash those things under mommy's dresser.  She just
recovered from an illness before Christmas and I'm so grateful to my caring
vet.  Hugs to all the ferret owners who have ill ferrets, or who have
recently lost one.  It sure does hurt!

Thanks for listening.

Jean and Katy (who me, I'm just too cute and innocent to be a thief:)