Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 15:15:13 -0500
The marketing guys really had me in mind when they came up with the new
"Pet Love" greeting cards ("Happy birthday to my human..")  I am such a
sucker for these things.  Great occasion and photo-frame cards...but all
dogs and cats, no ferrets!

After years of reptile ownership, I have a fine selection of iguana cards
for all special occasions ("Happy Birthday, ig-wanna party?")  ("If you
were a reptile, at your age, you'd be a wallet")  So if iguanas have
become "mainstream" (have about 20 cards), why are ferrets being ignored?

If someone came up with a card with a cute fuzzy on it, saying "I really
wanted to get you something special, but couldn't afford it" on the cover
and "...so I stole this!  Happy Birthday!" inside, think I wouldn't buy a
gross of them to cover all the birthdays I will celebrate with friends into
the next century?  ;-) I'd even go through a couple "To a very special
Mother: you are better than Linatone and raisins.  Happy Mother's Day".  (I
do, after all, *almost* have a mother-in-law...so there's two moms to
inflict such a card on.)

So here's a call to the entrepreneurs...I am your victim.  If anyone knows
of existing greeting cards and where to get them, please let me know!

Lynn, "Dodger", "Lemmy".