From:
Lauren Sautner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 15:10:19 -0500
RE: Traveling

We had a blast with Trillian when we traveled 16 hours from Florida to Ohio!
She stayed in her cage and slept most of the time.  She even used her
litterbox without fail.  I think the best part was the rest stops.  We took
her for nice long walks on her harness which gave us a chance to stretch too
;) But of course, as has already been mentioned be aware of legal issues.

RE: Rolling over

We also saw the article in Modern Ferret about rolling over and our Trillian
and Zaphod are experts now!  The second they hear the box of ferretbites
shake they are in front of me on their backs.  It's great entertainment for
company :)

Question...

What exactly is meant by the term "bedding"?  I keep a few throw pillows and
towels or pillow cases in the kids' cage.  Is this what "bedding" is
considered?

Question...

I'm moving in a couple of weeks and want to make it as easy on the ferrets
as possible.  Any helpful hints?

Question...

My two don't seem to want anything to do with any kind of baby food.  I feel
like if they would just try it, they might like it but you know how stubborn
they can be.  Any suggestions on how to convince them that it's good stuff?

RE: Litter boxes

until the first one is completely litter trained...I found that when I got
Zaphod, Trillian stopped having accidents.  Almost as if to say, "look mom,
I'm good, really I am.  _He's_ the _bad_ one!" I know this sounds a little
bit silly but Zaphod solved Trillian's litter problems...now to solve HIS
problems.  Oh well, looks like I'll have to get another ;)

Sorry this is so long.

Lauren

         Yumm... Linatone!            Yumm... Raisins!

      Trillian                       Zaphod