From:
Robb Boyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 1996 19:49:53 -0500
Hi all.  I ve been a follower of the FML for a little while now, and I am so
happy that the FML exists.  It s always a pleasure to read.  It s like a
USA(FERRET) TODAY for me.  Thank you to all involved.  Well I wanted to get
involved and share with all of you.  I live in the last big FFZ, California.
I have 2 sables, Kahlua, a 10 month old female, and Lestat, a 1 1/2 year old
male.  I got Lestat from a couple who couldn t take care of him anymore, and
Kahlua by ways of smuggling her via Las Vegas.  I love my 2 kids very much,
and can t even think about what life would be like without having fuzzies
playing at my feet.  Yes, my name is Robb, and I am a ferretaholic!!

I ve been involved in the legalization of ferrets in our state with Ferrets
Anonymous, and I publish our local newsletter in the Ventura area.  Which by
the way, if anyone is involved in running a rescue shelter, please e-mail
with your experiences.  I m doing an article in our March newsletter and we
have been discussing in our group what to do on a local level when fuzzies
are legal here.  We are very concerned about ferret welfare in our area.
Any input about starting a shelter, and everyday routines would be very
helpful.  Thanks.

I've seeing some posts about ferret tattoo s for people, and am so relived
that I'm not the only one that wants to get one.  Some of my friends are
questioning my mental state for wanting to get a tattoo of a ferret.  I don
t have a tattoo yet, but I always knew that if I ever got one, it better be
of something that is dear to me, and ferrets are definitely that.  I just
have to decide about the design, and then it s time to do it!

One last thing, please keep California in your prayers, and write our
senators about SB55, and hope that it passes on January 9th!

Robb - [log in to unmask]
Kahlua - Can I just have one more raisan Dad!!
Lestat - I want in that closet!  Them s shoe s in them thar hills!!!