From:
kristen herzog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 1996 09:42:20 EDT
Alright, I just had to write in with my proud accomplishment!  I was getting
bored with the ferret cage, as were the ferrets, I'm sure, so I decided to
spice it up!  My furries sleep in a tall, collapsable cage with a linoleum
bottom on rollers - I guess its advertised as a kitten cage.  It comes with
two carpet-covered stairs that hook onto the sides so that the heights can
be changed.

SO, I bought an itty-bitty grommet kit at the hardware store for about $4 -
grommets are those little metal rings that reinforce fabric, like on
sneakers for the laces.  I grabbed some of my old towels that were on their
way to cleaning rag status and put a grommet in each corner.  Then, using
those little individual binder rings from Staples, I put in strips of towel
at varying levels.  They overlap so the furries can climb up and up and up
and back down again.

Well, they LOVE them!  The towels are soft and easy to sleep in (and cave a
little just like a hammock) plus they love to climb up the maze of towel
strips (each strip is about 6-8 inches wide.  Best of all, the binder rings
make them easy to remove, wash, and move around - what fun!

For anyone looking for a new idea to spice up the fuzzy abodes, try it!
Hugs and raisins to all...

                Kristen & the Fab 4 :  Monkey, Nesta, Cassidy, & Roo.
Kristen Herzog
These are my opinions. Promise.