From:
Selena Simonetti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 17:40:09 -0800
I could not find *any* charachters as ferrets in children's stories so, darn
it, I wrote my own and submitted it to a kid's publisher.  The only problem
is finding an illustrator when I get published.  Anyhow, I thought I would
give you guys a quick synopsis so you might recognize me when you see the
name on the shelf (my writing partners tell me to always speak and think
postively after all;) ).  I am not worried about someone ripping off my
idea.  I have copies of my manuscript and 3 witnesses that will swear I
wrote it:) The title is "DOOK!  THE FERRET"

Main guy: Dook the ferret (a little hob)
          Mum and Dad and the ferret family
          a wild pony, a raven, a rat

Dook wakes up one morning and knows it is his mother's birthday.  He goes
wandering about the woods picking up fire wood (twigs) for the family fire
and meets several animals who offer suggestions.  Dook rushes home and tries
to prepare a birthday party all with disasterous results, but a really
heartwarming ending if I do say so myself:)

Selena Simonetti