From:
"Sandy E. Schieman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 22:34:47 EST
I just snucked out of the bedroom for my midnight romp.  Please don't tell
Mee Maw and Paw Paw that I've figured out how to get flat enough to squeeze
under the bedroom door!  There's just so much more really neat stuff to
sreal out here.

When I squozed under the living room door, I discovered that Paw Paw was
sitting on the sofa with a dazed look on his face, and he was drooling more
than he usually does.  He was holding a whole bunch of papers in his hand
and kept babbling, "Oh my Gawd, what have I done did now?" I love it when he
talks Cajun, though I doubt that he has an ounce of Cajun blood in him.  I
think he watches that guy who cooks on the TV too much.

Anyway, I was kinda concerned about the Old Guy.  Mee Maw told me, earlier,
that his company had decided to make him a Stupidvisor and that he would be
having to work a lot more hours now.  I thought that was fine, as long as he
still had lots of time for me.

Paw Paw and I spent a lot of time typing letters to all the really nice
folks who had sent us letters this weekend.  My poor lil' ol' paws are still
sore from that!  (Hope we got back to everybody.) When I started looking at
all the papers which were drooping from Paw Paw's limp hand, I realized that
we had received even more mail than we had this weekend.  I joined the Old
Fert in a couple of 'Oh my Gawds'.

I climbed onto his shoulder, licked a tear from his cheek, and asked, "What
are we going to do now, Paw Paw?"

"I just dunno." He slurred.  "I guess we'll just have to thank the good
folks again.  It'll take some time, but we have to do it.  Heck, Kelleen
even wrote a poem about me that I seriously doubt that I'll ever be able to
live up to.  What do you think we ought to do.  Little Guy?"

I thunked on that one for a few minutes before I decided.  I told him that
I'd write this letter and tell all the good folks how much we appreciate
their taking the time to write to us, and that their love more than makes up
for the few crankies who have nothing better to do than be mean to folks.

"Be sure and tell them that we'll write to each of them individually when we
can." He said as he headed toward the bedroom. "And make sure that you  tell
Kelleen a special thanks, and welcome back to the FML."

So much for finding neat stuff to steal tonight.  Guess I'll go nip Mee Maw
on the rump and then snuggle up next to Paw Paw.  I really like them and
their friends on the FML.

Love, hugs and dooks to all from,

Tater