From:
Malcolm Cowan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 18:27:55 +1100
Hi I live in Australia my name is Will and my fuzzy ferret Fred has 3 five
week old kits.  I have been feeding the ferrets meat and small amounts of
dry dog food and cows milk when ever they would eat it.  Last week I began
to realise that the three young kits were still dragging their back legs
around.  Also one had a long lump on his back.  Two days ago I took them to
the best ferret vet that I knew of.  We were told that the kits had a bad
deficincy and had probably broken bones and they had healed crooked.  The
kit with the lump on his back had a twisted spine and another had a
depressed rib cage.  I have started to give them Di-Vetelact powder a
lowlactos milk substitute.  And Calcium Carbonate mixed in with half a small
tin of kitten food.  I hope that no one else makes this mistake with their
kits.  The kit with the twisted spine may have to put down and if it doesn't
it will be permenently disabled.

Please E-mail me with any other information about this disorder and if the
efects and be redused as the ferrets become older on [log in to unmask]