From:
Schrodinger's Cat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 1986 20:13:14 -0700
Hello all,

I thought I'd introduce myself with a short story about my own little fuzzy
snake.

Jester is my first and only ferret (another is on the way as soon as I can
come up with the $$$).  He is your typical sable male.  When I got him
twards the end of November I was SO delighted that I almost never wanted to
"confine" him in any way.  He soon showed me the error of my ways.  I had
gotten into the habit of letting him sleep with me and had provided a sort
of ferret ladder up onto my waterbed.  One night about 4:30 AM I had
finished a long bout with the computer and had just crawled into bed.
Jester was of course loose in the room, but besides some possible toe
nibbling I was expecting a typical night.  As my eyes closed and I was just
on the fringe of unconsciousness my brain registered that he was on the bed
doing something around my headboard.  The last thing I remember before the
incident was the sound of a plastic cup wobbeling...

Unknown to me at the time, I had left a large plastic cup on my headboard
about 1/2 filled with lime koolade.  To make matters worse, I was laying
with my face directly beneath it.  The first thing I felt was the sticky,
wet liquid splash squarely betwen my eyes.  Shortly thereafter a cup hit me
on the forehead.  Finally, a little streak of fur scampered down my body
heading for a good hiding place...

My head was wet, my pillows were soaked, and my sheets had taken the rest.
I had to get up, take a shower, and hunt down a little ferret in some big
trouble:) I slept on the couch, he slept in his room, and he has slept there
since.  It seems like the older he gets the more he is interested in cuddle
time, so I may try the bed thing again soon.

--Chris "JESTER!  No! Get off the coffee table!"

--Jester "You gotta help me!  He's going to kill me in that damn bathtub!"