Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 04:06:52 -0800
From:
Kelleen Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
By the GREAT SPIRIT I may have just found a new home for the three squirts
rescued a week ago!  I am sooooo thrilled that they will be able to stay
together and in what sounds to be a fantastic home.  The lady is going to
discuss it with her husband and she will call probably tomorrow.  They have
one little girl right now and recently lost their little boy to illness that
no vet could figure out.  They told them it may have been distemper.

Could those of you in the know out there send me a detailed description of
exactly what distemper is and what type of symptoms would be present.  The
lady and I would like to know more about it.  I would also like more info.
on Rabies as well.  Would like to do an article on these two horrible
diseases for the FANG NEWS.  So please help me to educate people out there
about this.  THANKS!

The lady swore she would have no more pets after that heartbreak but now
sees her little girl Digger is rather sad and lonely.  So she gave in to
getting one more and now she will have 3 more instead<GG>!  How could she
possibly resist my description of these three sweeties and for only $125?
No way!  Plus there is always ferret math to consider too.  LOL!  So I am
one very happy shelter Mommy tonite.  I was so very afraid I would have to
split them up and it would have hurt greatly to have to do so.  After all
who would I choose to have to spend their life alone from then on?  Not a
decision I relish making in any circumstance.  I was most fortunate this
lady found her way to me.  They have a large home where the ferts have their
own room in the basement.  It is cool but not cold.  Lots of warm bedding
stuffs, ferretone, treats etc....  No problem about affording shots and
other needed medical care.  As a matter of fact when their little boy was
ill they took him to 3 vets trying to save him.  Guess it just wasn't meant
to be.  Hmmmmm, kinda funny, when I lost Racy I ended up adding 3 more to
fill the empty space she left in the house and now this lady will be doing
the exact same thing.  <GG> She is also very interested in joining FANG too.

Oh yeah, again to all you in the know, the breeders, vets etc...  What would
be a great book to get on ferret illnesses, diseases etc..  Not a problem if
it is rather technical as long as there is plenty of good info.  for a
layperson as well.  Price would probably not be a problem.  This lady very
much wants such a book for the future.

*      Kelleen & the INSANE Animal House              *
*      President and Founder of F.A.N.G.              *
*      (Ferret Association of Neverending Glee)       *
*      Boise, Idaho                                   *
*   I'll take a good animal over a good mate anyday!  *
*   All they want is lots of love and great chow.     *
*         Idiocy is our only option!                  *
*     Dustin Hoffman from movie Outbreak              *