From:
Stan Hurton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 15:58:26 -0000
To Laila Rigdon,

I read in a ferret book that when you introduce the ferrets that it should
be done on neutral ground.  And, that the fighting is to establish who's
territory it is; or, who the boss is.  The book does say that " An adult
ferret will-after a short adjustment period-accept another adult or kit".  I
think that in another book that I had read, it was saying how the one ferret
would grab the other under the neck and then perhaps drag the ferret.  When
the ferret lays still and does not fight then the heirarchy is established.
When I put my two ferrets together it was not a pretty sight.  They had
small patches of missing hair from where they bit each other.  But, now ( 10
months later) they are friends and they play with each other and sleep in
the same cage.  It took them about 4 months ( I think)to adjust to each
other.  Good luck!