From:
"Paul W. Beach" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 1995 19:00:58 -0500
Michelle Z. Matta was surprised to hear that you have so much trouble with
your ferrets in the bath tub.  My little silver foot Fingers just loves to
take baths.  She even climbs in on her own when I am getting ready for work
in the morning (sometimes she does this several times a week!)  She loves to
swim around the tub.  Showers are fine too, but baths are what she prefers.

I would suggest approaching the matter with a different mind set.  Baths
should be FUN!!  If you think so, they might think so.  (I am firmly
convinced that my ferrets can read my mind even better then my wife can!) I
am sure that they sense your aprehension, or readiness for conflict as soon
as they hear the water running.  Tease them into loving the water.  Fingers
sometimes cops an attitude on the fawcett and attacks the water stream
mercillessly.  My job is siple when she is in one of "those" moods.

We just got a new little monster named, Samual "The Thrasher" Underfoot.  He
is a sable that is sooooo black all over that it is hard to tell him from a
mink.  I have never seen a darker ferret!  we are still adusting to being a
two ferret family. Quite a different experience!

Good luck
Paul & Fineous "The Whistler" Fingers & Samual "The Thrasher" Underfoot