From:
Christopher Stephan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 1995 09:03:01 -0600
I just wanted to tell everyone how proud we are of our little fuzzies:

We were all visiting my parents for Christmas, as was my brother and his 3
year old daughter, Katelyn.  We kept the ferrets in their cage, as there
were so many people running around (along with several dogs), and put the
cage in the living room.  Katelyn was very curious about the ferrets, and
kept hanging around their cage while they slept.

Once the ferrets woke up, you couldn't drag Katelyn away from them.  They'd
put their front feet on the bars and Katelyn would "tickle" them and they
didn't even try to nip her.  I took them out and she hugged them and petted
them and they were just perfect little angels.

Katelyn kept calling them "animal" because she didn't know what they were.
We kept telling her "ferret" and she kept saying "animal."  Eventually, my
brother came to call her for lunch, and she refused to go.  He picked her
up, and she started crying and saying "fair-EET" over and over.  It was
cute.  She wouldn't eat, and came running back over to the ferrets' cage and
laid down in front of it to watch them.  The dogs tried to play with her but
she just pushed them away.

So my darlings have charmed their way into another person's heart, and have
made another ferret-lover.  :)

Chris and Vanessa (proud dad and mom)
Mina and Josette <singing> "Ain't we sweet? We've got happy ferret feet. Now
we ask you very confidentially, ain't we sweet?"