From:
"Valerie B. Olszyk" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 1995 13:12:24 EST
I was so surprised to see David Carradine's name in the list of
ferret-owning celebrities because I may be able to take some credit for it!
About 9 years ago I was in my vets office with my ferret Niki and a man
walked up to me and asked if he could hold her.  He said that he had never
seen a ferret before and what followed was a 30 minute conversation about
them and how wonderful they are.  Niki, who was one of the nicest, easiest
ferrets in the world, cuddled, and kissed him and generally endeared
herself to him while we talked.  The whole time we were talking I kept
thinking that he looked familiar.  Well, at the end he told me that he was
John Carradine - Keith and David's father!  In fact, he was staying with
one of his sons (David I think) at the time.  Sure enough, a couple weeks
later I saw one of his movies and it was he!  Niki is gone now, but I am
sure she is looking down and smiling knowingly, she made a ferret-lover out
of everyone she met.