From:
Sedeca Gabrenas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 1995 12:30:05 -0500
Hello,
To Diane with the puppy/ferret situation.  THERE IS HOPE.  We have two dogs
and two ferrets who get along wonderfully.  One dog is a shephard/doberman
mix.  She would much rather play with the ferrets than with any other dog.
The ferrets love to play with her too.  We had to take some time at first to
train Yasha (dog) how to play with the ferrets.  Now it is wonderful.  They
all play together, then when the dog gets tired, she lays down, and the
ferrets will cuddle up and sleep on or beside her.  It has also taught our
ferrets how to handle other dogs too (places to hide from dogs when you're
tired of playing with them, how biting the nose is a really effective
deterent if a dog is playing too rough, etc).  If you'd like some specifics
of what we did, send me e-mail, but a well trained dog will solve that
problem and bring much entertainment for you and your fuzzy.

Sedeca