Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 11:36:36 -0600
This is my first post to the FML, but I've been reading it for a while
and love it.

Ok, now to the point.  I agree with the post yesterday about ferrets making
wonderful college pets, unfortunately the housing dept.  at my school
dosen't agree.  When I asked them why not, I heard serveral responses.  One
they're too big, two they are too hyper, and three they bite.  I explained
that my baby, Minx, was small, would calmed down twhen I held her, and has
never bitten anyone (toes not included).  They then went on to say that all
warm blooded pets are problems.  But, they consistently approve rabbits as
pets.  I just don't understand what they have against my little fuzzball.
They even told me that I should to give up her to a shelter or zoo if I
couldn't get her out of the dorms.

So now, I have to keep her off campus and it's hard to see her everyday.
I miss my little brat.  Any suggestions as to what to say to infuence them
that ferrets are not bad pets?
--
Missy McCafferty

To err is human, to really screw up requires a computer.