From:
"dmi.net" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 1995 21:13:32 -0800
Hi,
    Well, as Kelleen mentioned in an earlier post, I now have two more
fuzzies to keep Taz company.  I would have written sooner, but I wanted to
wait until I could name them.  Today I finally settled on Big Boy for the
male (he is the *biggest* ferret I have ever seen!) and Kitt for the
female.  She is named Kitt because when we went to look at them, the first
ferret I saw has the female and she is sooo small, I thought she was a kit!
Then I realized she was the 1 to 1 & 1/2 yr old female they had mentioned.
They are wonderful!!!  (Except when they bite my toes - HARD!) (Almost
forgot to mention - they are both sable).

    I do have a question.  When I scruff Kit, she goes completely ridged
like maybe it hurts?  I haven't seen this in other ferrets so I assume this
is not normal.  Am I correct?  Another question - after she is scruffed,
the scruffed skin takes several seconds to go down:( I thought maybe she
was dehydrated and malnurished so I started force-feeding her syringes of
water and some Nutri-Cal each day.  For the first few days that was the
only water I saw her drink, but reciently I have seen her drinking heartily
from the water bottle so I think she is getting better (plus, the scruffed
skin seems to go down quicker now).  Does anyone have any comments?
Suggestions?  I *know* for sure they are definately *not* descented and I
am unsure if they are altered.  I will be taking them to the vet this
Friday for pre-surgery checkups.

BTW -  A special thanks to Kelleen for hooking me up with my ferrets and
for all her help in getting me set-up. She holds the status of godmommie
to my three babies. Thanks also go to every member of the FML (especially
BIG for all his efforts) for without you, I wouldnt know 10% of what I do
about my fuzzies:)

Fuzzie Kisses to all:)

*    David Caudill ----  [log in to unmask]                  *
*    Ste 778  3929 Overland                            *
*    Boise, Idaho  83705                               *
*    F.A.N.G. - Ferret Association of Neverending Glee *
*    Vice President and Co-Founder                     *