From:
"Diane E. Emery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 1996 14:28:58 -0600
Hi all!  My SO and I (and Nika the puppy and Rocket the ferret) are moving
to a house from an apartment this weekend.  The house has one more room than
we have now and we are making it a guest room/ferret room.  Now, for all you
people who's ferrets have their own rooms: Are they only in the room when
you are gone and get free roam otherwise?  Do you keep them in the cage in
the room or is there no cage at all?  Do they get lonely in the room when
you are not in it, too?  Ever since we got the dog (almost 3 months ago) the
ferret has been spending most of his time in our bedroom/bathroom/closet
(with us coming and going and stopping to play often).  If given free roam,
the dog chases it persistantly.  We have tried everything to get these two
together and it just isnt working.  I am hoping that in time, slowly, as the
dog matures, we will have harmony among the beasts but I am not too
confident.  When we move, the dog will go out in the yard while the ferret
romps.  Well, any hints on making Rocket's new room fun to be in??

Thanks!

Diane