From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 11:02:52 -0500
Ack.  Don't ask me how I know this stuff.  Ferrets seem to really like
alcohol.  I've seen this first-hand.  Sebastian prefers rum and cokes, but
will drink beer if it's all he can get.  I'm not sure if this really means
anything because my ferrets love to eat bar soap, Murphy's oil soap, lemon
scented furniture polish, and about anything other than water that they can
find.  However, I don't like to let them do it.  Someone told me (and this
is completely apocryphal) that ferrets have no alcohol dehydrogenase.  This
is the enzyme in our liver that helps us clear all that nasty alcohol that
we accidentally ingested.  0:) .

A friend of mine used to have a ferret, and one day he filled the ferrets
water bottle with vodka.  The ferret drank the entire thing without
stopping, and passed out for three days.  The guy thought he had killed her.
8 oz. of vodka.  1 pound of ferret.  *shiver* Well, anyway, I also know
from this same source that ferrets will _eat_ marijuana.

Okay, that's my contribution of things that people really shouldn't know
about ferrets.  BTW, the vodka-drinking ferret was fine after her long nap.

Loved Ferret Man!  *clapclapclap**

Catherine Shaffer and
Sebastian "Pass the Red Label!  *hic*" and
Mortimer "Can I come to the party?  All those toes!  Er, I mean..." *poof*