From:
Joyce Meadows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 14:27:14 -0600
Shampoo -
I use the Four Paws shampoo, though it is, as someone pointed out in an
earlier post, a bit expensive.  I only have two fuzzies and don't bathe
them very often, though, so the price isn't a big problem.

Question: I have a bottle of horse shampoo - I can't for the life of me
remember the name, but on the front it says that it's used and endorsed by
George Strait (i remember the wierdest things)...  It's not Mane & Tail, but
it might be Body and Tail or Mane and Body or something...  Anyway - the
question - Would that be safe to use on fuzzies, or is horse shampoo too
harsh?

Bunnies -
Thanks for all the replies about ferret/bunny combinations.  I'm keeping
them separated for now: when Seth and Emma are in their "room," Melissa
(bunny) can run around, but when the ferrets are out, Melissa goes into her
cage.  This way, she and the fuzzies can look at, smell, and get used to
each other without getting to each other.  Seth did manage to nip the bun's
nose once when she stuck it out between the cage bars, but she stays farther
back from the bars now, and I keep an eye on Seth whenever he's near her
cage.

Please - keep your responses and ideas coming!  I'm still hoping for a
miracle...

Travel -
I've taken long trips with Emma and Seth: 7 hours in a car with Seth, 11
hours on the bus with Emma.  Emma slept in her bag most of the way.  I woke
her up when we made rest stops and gave her water, and she had her food dish
in her bag.  She had just been spayed and descented, though, which I'm sure
accounted for her sleepiness (aftereffects of anesthaesia).  Seth the Road
Warrior traveled in his Pet Taxi carrier, and other than being restless, he
was fine.  The big things to watch out for are temperature and water.  Don't
leave them in a parked car with the windows up, etc.  (but I'm sure you
already knew that), and in this weather, make sure the car's heater is not
blowing right into their cage/carrier/whatever.  Also, give them have plenty
of water and some food.

I had a small box in Seth's carrier, and a small box in Emma's bag, for
litter pans.  They used them.  Instead of litter, though, I lined them with
toilet paper (so litter wouldn't get all over).

Again, this is what works for me.  YMMV.

-joyce (On the road again, just can't wait to get on the road again...)
-Seth, World Traveler Extraordinaire (ive been all the way to
        new braunfels    so there)
-Emma (busses are nice places to sleep)
-Devilbunny Melissa (These silly ferrets....What's the big deal about
        hrududus, anyway?)