From:
Richard Beveridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 1995 09:31:39 -0800
A while back someone posted on the lowest job of all when being the owner of
multiple ferrets.  the job of 'cleaning up'.  We have four 'free rangers'
and I usually end up doing the cleanup in the morning.  I always try to have
a positive attitude about any task I undertake, but I must admit it was hard
to find something positive about this one.....until I made a game out of it!
So if you end up doing the dirty work....try some of the following to add
some fun to the chore.

1. try to identify the depositor. ( you can get good at it if you are
   observant)
2. see how many 'mistakes' you can successfully pick up off the linoleum
   floor with only 2 sheets of paper towel (must get the whole mistake...
   can't drop any)
3.  keep a tally of how many of the corner trays aren't ever used, then
    remove them one by one until 'they' start using the corners again....
    without the trays in their way)
4.  Any finally...some new ferret math.  STEP ONE: Ever notice there aren't
    as many 'spots' as <# of ferrets times (# of hours since last check
    divided by 4 hours) > ((check with old algerbra teacher here to learn
    how to multiply from within and without brackets)) STEP TWO: now
    subtract the number of 'spots' you found from the number of 'spots' you
    should have.....and start the search!  I found a 'hidey place' like no
    other I'd want to find again AND IT WAS UNDER MY WATER BED!

Since Bob's eyesight is a little shakey right now....I but he could help
his SO playing this part of the game with his keen sense of smell.
regards....