From:
"AnNa M. aDaM sPeAr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 1995 22:49:16 -0600
Okay, to those of you who suggested putting ferretone on the ferret's belly
so they can lick while you clip... THANK you.  I never had tried this
because I hadn't had a problem doing it my own way.  I just scruffed the
bugger with one hand, and clipped with the other.  The only disadvantage was
carefully lining up the nail in the clippers...  which meant I usually had
nails that were still too long (afraid to over compensate).  Anyway, I have
a problem scruffing Beckett b/c he's a little chubby.  Afraid gravity was
hurting him so usually I had Jonathan hold his belly.  K-Nack was the ferret
that changed all the rules...  When you scruff her, she's starts scratching
at her neck.  So anyway, to make a long story short, today I thought, "what
the heck.  I'll try the ferretone trick." Those guys were just oblivious to
anything but their treat!!  I've never been able to clip their nails so
well.  And they were SO happy while I was doing it too.  Just licking their
bellies.  Thank you thank you THANK you for this wonderful advice.  I only
wish I had tried it sooner.

ahn and jon and their happy kiddies.