From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 1995 11:45:03 EST
Hi all--
Could somebody tell me if there are any really tell-tale signs of an
incompelte neuter?  I'm suspecting that this might be the case with Cully,
who: bites Amelia's neck and back really hard, might be trying to mount her
but she won't stay still for long enough; is not descented, but seems to
smell unusually strong even two days after a bath; and bites people really
hard.  Also, I remember people here asking how to tell a male ferret from a
female, and with Cully it is no problem at all.  He dribbles after using the
litterbox too, but maybe this is normal?  I don't think that there has been
a marked change in aggressiveness that might suggest adrenal disorder; I've
only had him a month, but he was abandoned by his owner of three years
because she was afraid of him, so I'd assume he's always been pretty
aggressive.  Also, are there any ways to determine whether my suspicions are
right without exploratory surgery, such as blood tests or something?

Any advice gladly welcomed,
Regina, the Cullymonster, and Amelia (get him AWAY from me!)