From:
"Mason T. Weinrich" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 14:37:17 -0500
Dear Friends -

    Have been reading the magazine debate with some interest, and have not
seen one important point mentioned.  I picked up Ferrets USA when it came
out, and agree with most about its many flaws.  However, its current distri-
bution is far wider than MFM could possibly acheive now, and is obviously
aimed at a beginning ferret owner.  We need all of the wide-spread ferret
good will we can get, both in CA and MA (where I am from), and even in many
other states where they are legal but viewed by many with suspiscion.  The
"USA" mag photos them well, and captures many valid points.

    Regarding MFM - as a charter subscriber, I think the mag has come a long
way.  But, it is aimed at the true enthusiasts, not those considering a
ferret.  Its clearly the mag for me, but I also think there is a good role
for Ferrets USA.

    Just my 2 cents -

Mason, Pogo, Slinky, and Leila the Cat