From:
Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 16:05:46 EST
I'm sorry the FML is so large today, but I want to clear out all of the
waiting posts and not send out to issues today.  And, speaking of the FML
being so large...

Since the FML has gotten so huge lately and since my time to edit it might
be somewhat limited for the next week I'm going to tighten the size limits
somewhat.  These lower limits will probably remain in effect indefinitely.

If postings arrive at ferret-list which are over 125 lines in length (the
mail header lines are included in the count) then the post will be returned
to you automagically and I'll never even see it.  If this happens, please
try to edit it down a bit and resubmit it.

If something is too big, can't be edited, and you feel it's urgent, please
send it directly to ferret-request and I'll handle those on a case-by-case
basis.

Yes, you could send 2 postings of 100 lines each to get around the limit,
but I'm hoping that if you hit the limit you'll see it as a reminder of the
constraints many of us are working with and edit accordingly.

Thanks,
Bill