From:
Lori Howerton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 1995 14:27:22 -0600
Theresa,
    Congrats on your new baby!  When my fiance and I got our first ferret
Zeke (an albino) she cried one time and never again!  I guess we were lucky.
I do know that it helped her a lot to have a stuffed animal in her cage to
curl up with and a few knit hats to sleep in.  Another thing we did was to
really wear her out playing and then put her in her cage for naptime.  She
was usually conked out for a few hours and didn't mind being left alone!  We
just got a new baby named Pooky (a sable) and after the initial adjustment
period to each other, we think they both made each other's lives happier.  I
know you can't afford a new one right now but maybe try saving up and even
adopting from a shelter.  They are usually more reasonable than a pet store
and more in need of a good home!  As far as the car ride, our two usually
get this look on their faces like they want to yak.  They pretty much sleep
the whole way!  Good luck!

    Lori & Steve
    Scout (the chocolate lab who loves to lick the fuzzies!)
    Zeke ("I hear the raisin box opening across the house! Come on Pooky!")
    Pooky ("I think I need another nap!")