From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 1995 15:26:26 -0400
Melissa, Potpie, Noodle, Friday here.

Hi to everyone from everyone here - animals and humans here are doing
well. I've finally seen/noticed the fabled ferret 'dominance hierarchy'
with my very own eyes - teeny tiny slender Friday kicks big, burly boy
ferret butt. We've got Sloan as a visitor again, and not only does Friday
play with whom she chooses, but sleeps where she chooses and eats what
she chooses. Right this very moment, in fact, she's kicking Sloan out of
the hammock he's blissfully curled up in with Noodle...hee. Where does a
1 lb ferret sleep? Anywhere the 3 lb boys sleep - it MUST be a better
bed. :)

Speaking of Friday, until recently, she's always been a cool, distant
ferret to me and my boyfriend. Lately, to my delight, she's been bouncing
and dooking around my feet and climbing all over me - things she never
did before.

To the person who used fishing line with a bit tied to the end to play
with their ferret - it works wonderfully with all of my three. Well, less
wonderfully with Noodle, whose attention span is as negligible as his IQ
(i LOVE my big dumb ferret!!).  Noodle's current favorite toy is my
boyfriend's boxers, heehee. A pair of boxers on the floor will keep the
lug (Noodle, not Matthew) occupied for hours. He jumps in, rolls and
wrestles and jumps and sits there and ... meditates? ceaselessly. This
morning's battle with the skivvies was particularly hysterical since it
was with Matthew's ferret boxers (from Ferret Outfitters). Noodle is not
a strategist when it comes to fighting with other ferrets, either - no
duck, dodge, weave, pounce, bound, twist. He works his way into a
lumbering gallop and then with one leap, falls out of the sky onto his
quarry like a sack of hammers, flattening them efficiently.

Potpie is doing equally as well - very perky and playful, very
good-natured (for the most part). Her stools are still grainy,
occasionally a bit loose or a bit green, and still possess a bit of the
characteristic ECE aroma. Her behavior and appetite havent been better
for years, though. I am continually thankful to have her (even if she is
the Sworn and Fearless Enemy of Any and All Other Ferrets).

That's it for now - Noodle, Friday, and Sloan seem to have managed to
peacefully coexist in one hammock, with Friday comfortably curled in the
center of an O formed by Noodle and Sloan. Hee. Over n out from the land
of happy ferrets.

Melissa and lots of zzzzzz's

    Melissa Litwicki                                    [log in to unmask]
    Radio Controlled Operation In Vivid Six Ways Of Movement With Reality!