From:
Tom Sherwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 13:49:18 -0500
For those of you who have ferrets that you suspect were abused/severely
neglected before you got them...

Do your ferrets have nightmares?  My little Natasha (an adorable 1.5lb
sprite) every so often starts "crying" in her sleep.  I don't _know_ if she
was abused/neglected by her previous owner, but I have strong suspicions.
Anyway, when I hear her cry (provided I can get to her), I pet her gently
and she shakes terribly when she wakes up (I know some ferrets always do
this but she isn't one of them).  After a few pets, she sniffs my hand and
calms down.

This doesn't happen very often, but it kills me every time I hear it.  Does
enyone else have ferrets that do this?  Email ([log in to unmask]) always welcome.

                        -Tom