From:
Brian Vinacco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 1996 08:46:32 EST
I have been lurking here in the shadows of the FML for a couple of months
now.  Just sitting and reading all of the advice and stories.  I felt
comfortable in knowing I was not the only one totally captured by these
little carpet sharks.  Since I have been reading about all of our sick
little babies.  It reminds me of something that happened when I first got
Mookie.

I have wanted a ferret for about 5 yrs now, ever since I saw one that a
friend had.  I also breed boa constrictors and royal pythons, and yes they
snakes and Mookie are kept seperated at all times.  One day I was looking in
the paper & saw an ad for a 10'foot burmese python.  Since I was looking to
add a burmese to my collection, I called.  I did not buy the burmese but he
wanted to sell his ferret.  I no less than sprited over to his house and
picked my little one up.

When I first got Mookie they he was living in a large dog crate and being
fed canned cat food.  I have since then gotten him a large 2 story ferret
condo.  It has all of the necessities of live, a food bowl & water bottel, a
hammock and a sleeping bag.  I covered the uppere floor with indoor/outdoor
carpet as to not to hurt Mookie's feet on the wire material the cage is made
out of.  I am now feeding him Iams Kitten food, and give him a lick of
ferretone every day or so.  I know what you think, get to the point.  Ok
here is my question.  When Mookie was on the canned cat food his stool was
light brown.  Now that we feed him Iams it is dark brown.  Since this is my
first ferret, is this normal or is there a problem?  He has a vet
appointment in a week, I will have the stool tested at that time.  Please
let me know if this is normal or am I just being over-protective.

Thanks
Brian